Flight from Singapore to Kota Kinabalu
Overnight at Rose Cabin.
Please reflect on the following questions:
1. How did you feel when you arrived at Kota Kinabalu?
2. What do you look forward to for this trip?
3. How do you feel towards this trip?
4. Set a personal goal/target for this trip.
Post your reflection as a 'comment' below. Please remember to identify yourself by signing off your name.
Mr Dennis Lam: Post your reflection as a comment, under the correct day. Always start by stating your full name. Thanks!
ReplyDelete~Looi Chi Han
ReplyDeleteDay 1
Q1• I felt excited but nervous. I was excited because, I am going to try myself out at one of the world's tallest mountain.However, I was b=nervous because, I didn't know if I was up o it or not.
Q2•I would be looking forward to the mountain climb as it has been the thing to try myself out, as well as to have the experience of climbing a mountain.
Q3•Towards this trip, I fell very excited as this is, my very first time trekking a mountain.
Q4• My personal goal is to do every activity on this trip as well as to make myself and other motivated.
Done By: Chua Tuan Jin
ReplyDeleteQ1. I felt excited and happy as I poked forward to having a good time.
Q2. I looked forward to the climb Mount Kinabalu, water rafting, and snorkeling as the activities sounded exciting and I never tried them before.
Q3. I felt very happy and excited because I was looking forward to having a good time with my friends and also having a good experience.
Q4. My target is to summit Mount Kinabalu. It is also to make new friends and know my friends better.
1. I was ecstatic and excited when I arrived at Kota Kinabalu as I had a feeling that we were going to have a good time.
ReplyDelete2.I looked forward to conquering Mt Kinabalu and learning more about the culture in Kota Kinabalu.
3.I felt very restless as I would be climbing Mt Kinabalu soon.
4.My personal goal was to have fun and to submit the mountain.
5.I wanted to get to know Dion and Anurag more better.
~Pang Cheng Feng
ReplyDelete1.I felt so excited that I could barely go to bed. Butterflies were in my stomach once I thought about the mountain.
2.I look forward to of course, climbing the mountain, as well as learning their culture.
3.I felt elated since this is a great experience for me as well as a once in a lifetime chance.
4.My goal is to actually, not to summit. It is to try my best. As long as I tried my very best, reaching the summit barely matters. I also want to make more friends and learn more about Kota Kinabalu.
Matthew Goh - I (Tay Ming Yi) accidentally took this reflection paper
ReplyDeleteI felt excited get nervous as I am going on this trip as a leader but will too having fun with my friends.
- I look forward to have fun and improve my leadership skills
- I feel like this trip will help us with my leadership skills
- My goals is to learn more leadership skills
- Today I learnt that more about my juniors and help me make a better connection with them
- I was Afraid as I did not know what to expect on the Mountain and I was extremely nervous on not being able to make it to the summit.
ReplyDelete- I was looking forward to the moment when reaching the summit and looking back at how much I've climbed with that sense of achievement. I was also looking forward to know more members of team awesome.
- I feel that this trip will strengthen me emotionally and physically and its a great experience for me.
- My Goal is to be able to reach the summit to see the Sunrise on time and also to know more members of my group.
- Matthew Goh and Marcus Chan
Joel Teh
When I first arrived at KK, I felt excited about what was going to happen next, how would the students react. I felt it was going to be like last year exciting and fun, just not with the same people. I also thought that it was the day I could bond and get to know the juniors better, so I started of with the juniors I already know and then Cherlyn, Erika, Valence and Matilda. I really look forward to getting to know the male juniors as they all seemed funny and friendly, I also looked forward to taking care and guiding the juniors(and sharing my stories last year). Before the trip, I appeal to join as I felt that it would be great for my leadership development and besides, Matthew asked me if I wanted to and of course, I decided that I should help the juniors in not making the same mistakes last year (being alone on the submit trail) and this became my purpose of the trip, for the juniors. I feel that this trip would definitely help the juniors in their character development just as it has helped mine last year. As this is an adventure trip, the thing that I want to look out for is the students' smile on their faces, chattering about how fun the trip is and feeling a sense of achievement at the end of this trip. I personally feel that I was not much of a leader on the first day but rather a guide; someone whom the juniors ask everything to. At dinner, I placed the cabin keys on the floor which was very irresponsible and careless of me and I am really guilty about it. I feel that I should be more careful in the future because in everything that people do and don't do there will be a consequence. In the night at Rose Cabin, I was also not really able to get some of the juniors to sleep as they would feel sleepy if they sleep a lot. At the start of the trip, I have already decided to be a more balanced leader in a way that I do scold but I will still be fun and lenient at times. This made me feel that I should not scolded the juniors who do not want to sleep but rather nag at them every 10 minutes to urge them to sleep. I could also see some of the juniors attitudes when I was trying to make them gather as the 'girls' of the team and discuss about waking time and the use of the toilets in the morning and I quite happy with their spontaneous responses and suggestions.
ReplyDeleteI felt excited and ready to climb the mountain after all the hard work the whole team had put in for the last few months. However I also felt nervous as I was unsure if I could actually reach the top. I really looking forward to get to know more people from this trip as I only knew a few people in this trip, thus my goal was not only to reach the summit but also to get to know as many people as possible in this trip. Throughout the entire trip I felt enthusiastic about it as I was going to be able to gain new experiences like snorkling and river-rafting and I would also be able to gain new friendships and build stronger friendships with those people I already knew. I targeted to do all of the activities and gain new experiences from this trip and also as to make more friends. I also aimed to reach the summit but I also aimed to help and encourage everyone to keep on pushing to reach the top.
ReplyDeleteMarcus Chan S1-05
1) When i first arrived at kota Kinabalu,I noticed that it looked old because all the buildings outside the airport looked worn down ,however when we entered the city,i found Kota Kinabalu a very beautiful place to visit and live in,this made me feel very excited to start exploring the place.
ReplyDelete2)I look forward to climbing up the mountain.Even though i know it will be tiring,but will be a huge accomplishment for me and the results will be worth it,with a beautiful scenery at the top of the mountain.
3)I am extremely excited as it is going to be my first time climbing up a mountain,snorkeling and water rafting.I hope i will have lots of fun,even gaining some confidence in myself after the trip and have closer bonds with my friends.
4)My goal for this trip is to reach the summit,or a least enough for me to take a picture of the beautiful scenery at the top of the mountain and show it to my friends and family back in Singapore.Hopefully this goal will motivate me to climb all the way to the summit.
~ Xavier Ng S1-08
1) I felt excited and happy at the same time as it was a whole new experience for me as i didn't climb the mountain with my friends before this climb but at the same time anxious as I was worried whether I would have altitude sickness or be sick.
ReplyDelete2) I am looking forward to many challenges and also seeing many rare plants such as the pitcher plants. I am also wanting to make a lot of other new friends and know them better.
3)I feel very scared whether i would have any sickness or anything but after my friend's encouragement, i felt much better.
4) To make MANY new friends and also SUMMIT Mount KK. =)
5) Greg Lim and Matthew Goh
Reflections on Expedition to Sabah by Divya(S106-02)
ReplyDelete1.I felt excited though suprisingly tired even though we did nothing that much that day.It was only when I boarded the train that I realised how scared I was.At first I thought it would be as easy as climbing Bukit Timah Hill but today for the first time I felt afraid.Till now,I had a totally different idea about climbing the tallest mountain in south-east asia.I feel very uncertain about tomorrow.
2.I hope to push myself physically as well as mentally.Before deciding to go for this trip.I have faced many times when I could almost overcome the problem but gave up because I was tired;in other words,mentally weak.I also really want to get over my fear for heights.
3.I feel that I have been given the chance to make my mentality and confidence stronger.I know that by pushing myself,I can do much better both physically and in academics.I also know myself;I know that I am better in physical activities than academics.I know I can do much better in my studies if I try harder.I sort of wanted so that I could 'motivate' and 'inspire' myself.
4.I want to give this mountain that I'm going to climb my all.I want to really make sure that I have had an unforgettable experiance that has taught me a lesson too!
1.I felt exited that we were finally leaving Singapore and going to climb the mountain, nervous that I was not going to make it, scared that I might fall ill, and a lot of other emotions tangled in side my head.
ReplyDelete2. For me, I looked forward to reaching the summit, that was my main goal, my other small goals
were of course making more friends on the way and learning to stretching my ability to climb
3.I feel that this trip was a huge success, I reached the summit made some new friend and stretched myself mentally and physically, basically all my goals were reached
4) My personal goal for this trip is that I hope I learn that my limit is much more than I think, and that we all can stretch much further than we expect, It was a life changing experiance that I shall never forget
1. I felt really excited about the climb as it is a whole new experience for me. I was also looking forward to the other activities that are planned out for us. I was just a little scared of falling sick or injuring myself during the hike up.
ReplyDelete2.I look forward to all the things stated in the itinerary, especially reaching the summit. I am also looking forward to getting t know more and getting along better with my friends.
3. Its exciting and adventurous at the same time. I also made a lot of new friends and got to know them better in this trip.
4.My goals are to reach the summit just in time to catch the sunrise, getting to know more about my friends as well as trying the Via Ferrate.
Day 1:
ReplyDelete1)How did you feel when you arrived at Kota Kinabalu?
I had mixed feelings-excited about what was going to happen in
overall, another feeling concerned the fear that I would not be
able to conquer the mountain.Upon landing on Kota Kinabalu, I
noticed that the waters washing up on the shores of Kota Kinabalu
was a lot clearer. This triggered the feeling that the water
activities that we will be having will be enjoyable. However,
seeing the mountain range towering over the city unleashed the
negative side of the journey.
2)What do you look forward to for this trip?
I look forward for the climb as well as the activities, but not to
forget, I would like to get to know more friends during the 6 days
.As mentioned in the above(question), I felt excited seeing the
waters of Kota Kinabalu and the mountain range the city offered.
This made me expect a good line of activities and the "great"
climb.I was expecting a great experience that I would be having
together with my friends from the climb and expected much more
from the activities coming up after the climb after seeing how
clear the water was,and how different it was from Singapore's
muddy waters.
3)How do you feel towards this trip?
Certainly, I feel excited, and "fearful" for the climb as the
altitude sickness was already starting to act upon the way up to
Rose Cabin, which was at some 1km above sea level. But the
thought of the other activities after the climb never failed to
replace my sulky face with a cheerful smile.
4)Set a personal goal/target for this trip.
"Conquer all challenges in the trip and feel proud that you had
done it!" that was the first thing that came to my mind. This
applies to the activities as well as the climb, but I knew that
this was an endurance climb and we were prepared to conquer the
mountain and take on the activities with ease, also enhancing our
fitness.There were of course negative points that struck me like
nightmares but I knew I would be able to make it.
5)Write down the names of the two friends that you would like to
know better on this trip.
Matthew Goh(our group's senior) and Enoch Yang(another senior).
1. How did you feel when you arrived at Kota Kinabalu?
ReplyDeleteI felt excited about the climb ahead.
2. What do you look forward to for this trip?
I look forward to climbing the mountain and reaching the summit, as well as all the fun activities after the climb.
3. How do you feel towards this trip?
I fel excited, not only because of the climb, but also because there will be a lot of fun activities after climb.
4. Set a personal goal/target for this trip.
To reach the summit!
Chin Yong
ReplyDelete1)I felt excited because I can't wait to climb the mountain as it is a new experience for me.However,I was also afraid that I would come down with altitude sickness and would not be able to climb up the mountain
2)I look forward to climbing the mountain,
via ferrata,snorkeling and rafting.
3)I feel that it is a new and special experience for me to learn from(e.g.How to lead and look out for others better)
4)To summit the mountain,know my friends better and to have fun!
5)Cheng Feng and Jun Peng.
Enoch Yang
ReplyDelete1) How did you feel when you arrived at Kota Kinabalu?
I felt that I had to be more responsible as I had to take care of my juniors and look out for others as we were in a foreign country.
2) What do you look forward to for this trip
I look forward to the snorkeling at Sapi Island as I have not done it before and it would be a good experience. I also look forward to doing new things that I have not done during last year's trip. I would like to pay more attention to the details of the trip and not just go through the motion and have fun.
3) How do you feel towards this trip
I feel that even though I have gone to Sabah and climbed Mt KK before, I feel that I still have many things to learn and experience
4) Set a personal goal/target for this trip
I would like to be a good leader and lead the team to the best of my ability
5) Write down the names of two friends that you would like to know better on this trip
Matthew & Mingyi
Greg Lim
ReplyDelete1. How did you feel when you arrived at Kota Kinabalu?
I was excited as it was my first time traveling oversea without my parents.
2. What do you look forward to for this trip?
I look forward to reaching the summit.
3. How do you feel towards this trip?
I feel that this is a great opportunity to make friends.
4. Set a personal goal/target for this trip.
I plan to do all the extra things (via Ferrate).
1. How did you feel when you arrived at Kota Kinabalu?
ReplyDeleteI felt excited yet scared at the same time as i never climbed a mountain before and was worried whether I would have altitude sickness or gotten ill.
2. What do you look forward to for this trip?
I look forward in to going snorkelling and rafting as i have never done any of those activities before.
3. How do you feel towards this trip?
I feel that it is a new experience for me as in all those gcp trips i have participated in, this one is the most unique one of all as i get to experience wildlife nature. :)
4. Set a personal goal/target for this trip.
My goal is to summit Mount Kinabalu ( if i am able to reach before sunrise) , get know to more friends and enjoy the process of learning and fun throughout the trip ! :D
5. Odelia and Rachel :)
Dion Low
ReplyDelete1) I felt very excited as I was looking forward to reach the summit.
2) I looked forward to the climb as I wish to reach the summit and catch the sunrise. I also looked forward to the rafting as it was my first time rafting.
3) I felt that the trip would be very tiring as there were many activities that needed our physical abilities like climbing the mountain.
4) I look to reach the summit and catch the sunrise and also to take part in all the activities.
5) Marcus Chan and Joel Teh
Odelia Goh
ReplyDelete1. I felt excited,happy but also nervous as I was at a new environment and that I was going to do stuff that I have never done before :) I was nervous I was afraid that I would fall sick during the trip and would not be able to do the activities that were planned.
2. I looked forward to all the fun activities that were planned, especially the white water river rafting activity. I was also looking forward to climbing the mountain. :D
3. I felt that this trip would be great and I could also make and bond with friends along the way.
4. My goal is to try my best to reach the summit and to enjoy myself :)
How did you feel when you arrived at Kota Kinabalu?
ReplyDelete- I felt a little bit tired but excited because it was my first time in Sabah and I was looking forward to the climb! :D
What do you look forward to for this trip?
- I looked forward to the climb and the water rafting activity because Matthew and Enoch said that these activities would be the most fun in the trip!
How do you feel towards this trip?
- I feel that this trip will be an exciting yet enriching trip as it gives us the opportunity to bond with our friends that we didn't know before the trip.
Set a personal goal/target for this trip.
- To summit Mount Kinabalu and enjoy myself throughout the entire trip :D
1.I felt happy and excited and I was looking forward for the climb.
ReplyDelete2.As we had trained for this day for a long time so I look forward to it.
3.I am excited but also worried that I may not make it to the top of the mountain.
4.My goal is to climb all the way to the top of the mountain.
5.I would like to know Joel and Marcus better.
Done by Ng Yu Yang
I felt excited and I was looking forward to all the activities as I had never tried most of the activities.
ReplyDeleteI was looking forward to everything, especially the climb as we had trained hard for it.
I felt happy towards the trip as I wanted to try many new things.
I hope to know the others better and try my best for all the activities
1) Excited because I couldn't wait to feel how climbing a mountain was like.
ReplyDelete2) The snorkeling, white water rafting, reaching the summit and seeing the sunrise.
3) Very excited because I would be able to climb and water raft for the first time.
4) To reach the summit & get to know other people better.
5) Valence & Cherlyn
I was excited as I was excited to feel how the climb would be as it was my first time.I was looking forward to the climb.I felt that this trip would be fun.I wanted to reach pendant hut by 4.
ReplyDeleteI felt very excited when I arrived. I really wanted to see the view at the summit of Mt K but I also felt a bit uneasy as I thought I was unprepared for the climb.
ReplyDeleteI looked forward to summiting the mountain and trying out the Via Ferata, and bonding with my schoolmates there.
I felt a bit scared of climbing up Mt K after the training at Bukit Timah Reserve. The training there was already tough for me and it was said that the climb up Mt K was even more difficult.
To be able to help out and push my friends or teammates forward up the mountain.
I felt excited and happy. I want to reach the submit and have fun. The two friends are Matthew Goh and Marcus Chan.
ReplyDeleteI felt really grateful for the chance to actually go to KotaKinabalu and i was bursting with excitement for the interesting activities planned out for us.
ReplyDeleteI really looked forward to trying out water rafting, snorkeling, ViaFerrata, and summitting, as they were all brand new experiences to me.
I feel really grateful for the chance to scale a mountain and try new things.
I want to meet more poeple, keep warm, and reach the summit.
Day 1 Reflections:
ReplyDeleteI was really excited and looking forward to this trip. When I arrived at Kota Kinabalu, I was so fascinated by the airport. It looked like it was planted in the middle of a countryside. I was quite familiar with the place as it was not my first time visiting Kota Kinabalu. My distant relatives live in Sandakan and some in Kota Kinabalu too. I was excited since it was the first time with friends and I knew it was going to be fun. For this trip, I really looked forward to having a great experience. Even though the main activity was to climb the Kinabalu Mountain, I felt that the experience going on this trip with friends and getting to know them is much more valuable. I wanted to make new friends and at the same time tighten the friendships I have with others. I felt very thankful as I managed to get a chance to got on this trip. Before the day of the trip came, I was nervous and excited even at random thought like," Who's going to be my room mates?" and stuff. Personally, my target was to just try my best to reach the summit. Nevertheless, I promised myself not not be disappointed if I didn't managed to reach the summit. After all, I wanted to enjoy myself on this trip. Going with friends is good enough. I would like to know Jing Han and Cherlyn better. Jing Han is always so quiet even though we are in the same class so I thought it would be nice if we can be a little closer. Cherlyn is always so cheerful and positive that I thought I'd get to know her better.
Puteri Nur Huda