Activities:
Snorkeling at Sapi Island
Please reflect on the following questions:
1. What did you enjoy most about today's activities/ underwater
2. Why is it important to conserve our environment?
Post your reflection as a 'comment' below. Please remember to identify yourself by signing off your name.
~Looi Chi Han
ReplyDeleteQ1• Among today's activities, what I enjoyed most was that I was able to experience riding in a motor boat. The motor boat practically hopped on the water, with the passengers including me, enjoyed the whole "roller coaster ride" throughly.
Q2• We must conserve our environment so as to be able to still use and enjoy it and life. If we do not conserve it, we would end up being bored as we can no longer experience and enjoy the environment.
Q1. I enjoyed the boat ride to Sapi Island as the three groups had some sort of race in the water. I also enjoyed the snorkeling as I saw a lot of new sea life. I also enjoyed burying Enoch.
ReplyDeleteQ2. We can conserve our wildlife so we can study them and understand them better. We can also admire our surroundings and appreciate it. The water today was quite murky and I had to go quite deep to see the different sea life clearly.
although this wasnt the main reason we went to Sapi island, I enjoyed the boat ride as this was the first time I sat in such a boat moving at such speed. It was a new experience for me and it was exhilarating. The boats were also like competing against each other to see who could reach the island the fastest. This friendly 'competition' definitely made the boat ride more lively.
ReplyDeleteI feel that its an extremely important to conserve the environment as if we do not do so, wildlife will start dying, habitats will be polluted, and we would no longer be able to enjoy beautiful scenery and we would not be able to see such wildlife anymore.
I enjoyed the speed boat ride to Sapi Island(and back) the most as it was like a roller coaster. I was also really hyper during the boat ride and I kept screaming for fun. The three boats also have a 'competition' of which boat is faster and it was great as it made the ride more exciting!
ReplyDeleteI feel that it is important to conserve the environment as such beautiful wildlife and flora would be gone if we don't conserve it. Besides, where else can we go to get away from the stress of daily lives and the fast paced society. Another thing is that many of these nature are natural biomarker and they are very important for the study of our environment so that we can prevent people from dying of disasters etc
I enjoyed looking at the fishes and observing how they darted through the water, it really mesmerized me as it was very beautiful. Although we only saw one species of fish, I enjoyed looking around through the murky waters and breathing through a mouth piece instead of holding my breath as it was a new experience I throughly enjoyed. It is important to conserve our environment as it is vital to preserve the wildlife so that other generations can appreciate these wonderful creations and so that they can learn about these creatures and gain knowledge.
ReplyDeleteMarcus Chan S1-05
1)Even though today's activities got a little boring after quite a long while,i enjoyed and is grateful for the activities planned out for us, I enjoyed the boat ride and seeing all the fishes under water the most.I tried to catch a fish and eventually managed to catch one,this made this activity the most memorable one.
ReplyDelete2)It is important because if we dont, the earth would soon become unsuitable for humans,plants and animals to live in.
~Xavier S1-08
1. What did you enjoy most about today's activities/ underwater
ReplyDeleteAt first i was quite tired from the past few days of exhilarating activities. We went to the beach and had a very relaxing time doing rather childish things. It help me relax and straighten out my thoughts.
2. Why is it important to conserve our environment?
It is important to conserve our environment because we live in it. It is our own future that we are damaging. We have only one earth that cannot be recovered if we destroy it.
1.I enjoyed the snorkeling the most as it was my first time seeing such clear water and so many different fishes I have never seen in Singapore before! The water looked so clear that I thought it was pure water >W<! The fishes and corals were beautiful and I almost didn't want to leave the water. I felt like I was part of the underwater world!
ReplyDelete2.Take Sapi Island for example, If no body bothered to conserve the environment there, The sea water would not have been so clear and no one would be able to enjoy the environment there!
~Pang Cheng Feng S101
ReplyDelete1) The fishes were beyond what we had expected. The fishes were all unique in its own way. Some of them could camouflage, and some can even dig! Thanks to the crystal clear water, we could see the fishes extremely clearly!
2) If we do not conserve the island, there would be no more Sapi island. Most of places with crystal clear water would be polluted quickly. We do not want that to happen thus we should conserve the environment!
Chin Yong
ReplyDelete1)I really enjoyed watching the fishes as they were all different in colour and each one had it's own special skill.Some were extremely good at camouflaging and we could only see them when they moved while others could even dig into the sand to find food.
2)It is important to conserve our environment because if we don't,all these fishes would be killed by pollution and there wouldn't be any more of these nice beaches or crystal clear waters for us to play in.
1) I enjoyed the trip to Sapi Island and the activities there as it was fun and relaxing, unlike the climb at Mt KK. It really allowed is to let our hair down and just relax. It was a new experience for me as I have not done snorkeling before.
ReplyDelete2) It is important to conserve our environment as we have only one Earth and the damage we do is very hard to undo. If we do not preserve nature and instead destroy it, all of nature and its beauty will also be destroyed.
Greg Lim
ReplyDelete1. What did you enjoy most about today's activities/ underwater
Trying to see fishes.
2. Why is it important to conserve our environment?
To keep our one and only wild life
1)What did you enjoy most about today's activities/ underwater ?
ReplyDeleteWhat I had enjoyed most about today's activities was the underwater snorkeling where you get to dive into the clear blue waters of Sapi Island,also commonly known as Cow Island in Malay.You get to "dive" down the clear blue water and admire the swift movements of the different types of fishes, and the tranquility underwater was truly magical.We enjoyed lots of freedom in the water(free from the teachers!) and we were allowed to spend quality time together with our friends without the teachers in our way(which was quite rare in most schools). However,safety was ahead of everything else, we had to go through all the safety procedures,for example:checking life jackets,as well as the snorkel checking,last but not least, the dos and don'ts.After all the equipment were checked,we had our own time,however,the instructor advised us to be in pair always.As I was a carefree and relaxed person,I enjoyed the programme though there weren't much activities there for us.Overall,there were a lot of fun!
2)Why is it important to conserve our environment?
It is important to conserve our environment because everyone wants a taste of Mother Nature's Original "Work". Everyone,locals and tourists,wants to see the best and make use of whatever Mother Nature has given us.In the case of this activity in Sapi Island,
locals can use it as a place for them to work in the area of tourism,while foreigners can enjoy a life here different from their views of "normal".It is so that the future generations are able to enjoy what we are able to enjoy and experience right now.This is all for our own good, so that this would convert from a worrying matter to a win-win situation.
Dion Low
ReplyDelete1) I enjoyed the snorkeling the most as I was able to spot many fishes. Although I was able to spot corals, they were all dead.
2) It is important to conserve our environment so that tourists will be able to enjoy the scenery. It can also help to protect Mother Nature.
1.It was fun as I tried something new and it was exciting when I tried it.
ReplyDelete2.It is important as if we do not conserve our environment, we will not be able to enjoy what we enjoy now in the future.
Done by Ng Yu Yang
I really enjoyed the boat ride to Sapi Island.
ReplyDeleteI have been to Sapi Island 2 years ago and I have realized that the amount of marine life has decreased greatly.I think this is one of the causes of pollution, so conserving our environment is very important for our future generations to enjoy what we are able to witness now.
Odelia Goh
ReplyDelete1. I enjoyed the boat ride to Sapi Island and back again as it was fast, making it fun. Plus, there was a race to see who reached Sapi Island first, which I enjoyed. It was also my first time on such a fast boat. I also enjoyed playing in the crystal clear water.
2. It is important to conserve our environment as if we do not, we may not have such nice beaches with crystal clear water to relax and the fishes would die or else, when people come to Sapi Island, they may not enjoy what they saw/did
1.I was so scared when I saw the first fish that I immediately turned back.Then my friend convinced me to go back in.She told me she would follow me back when I wanted to go back.So we went further and further till I saw some black and yellow fish.I freaked out and started to kick in the water.I closed my eyes as my friend told me she was leading me back to shore.So she brought me somewhere and suddenly,just stopped.I felt something on my stomach.I looked into the water,and to my horror,I was less than 1/2 a cm away from the black and yellow fish.And I think they were nibling on my clothes or something..I started screaming and just pushed my friend and was trying to swim and bring her back to shore with me.She was laughing so I started laughing too.then I splashed salty sea water into her mouth and and she splashed back at me.Suddenly,we were 'friendly fighting' in the middle of the sea.I realised how much I had bonded with her over such a silly,funny and short incident.And I also realised that some people turn out to be the total opposite of what you thought they would be like.I should never,never judge a book by its cover.
ReplyDelete2.Come to think of it,I realised that those fishes were actually quite beautiful and I think that everyone should get to see and experiance some thing like that! :)
I enjoyed seeing all the fishes underwater. It is important to conserve our environment as the future generations should also see how beautiful the Earth is.
ReplyDelete1) I enjoyed the part where I saw alot of fishes and the 'boat race'. During the 'boat race', it felt like a roller coaster.
ReplyDelete2) If we dont start to conserve our environment, the wildlife around us will start to die due to our recklessness. Once one animal goes into extinction, our whole ecosystem will start to collapse which will enevtually lead to the wipe out of the human race.
The most enjoyable about today's activities is that i could see the fishes and at first i was scared of the fishes biting me but soon after i got used to it and the fishes were very gentle and did not bite. Secondly, the boat was also very fun as it was like 'jumping' in the sea and the wind also very strong.
ReplyDelete2) We have many endangered animal in the world and if we were to endanger the environment, we would lose them and we would also lose the food cycle and soon lose the human population and it would affect the world.
1) I really enjoyed looking at life in the sea, which was what I've dreamed of for a long time. The crystal clear water was a grand privilege for people who live in the cities and have only seen beautiful fish through plastic screens.
ReplyDelete2) If we really want to enjoy the beauties of nature, we must preserve them in order to experience them.
-It was very fun and different from the other activities we had done. Snorkeling wasn't tiring, but it was difficult. I had only used the snorkel twice before and couldn't remember how to use it very well.
ReplyDelete-Its important as conserving our environment enables us to ensure the survival of the animals in the wild.
- I enjoyed the snorkeling experience and the boat ride. The snorkeling experience was both fun and intriguing because the fish there were very different from the fish we normally see in Singapore while the boat ride was enjoyable because it was fast paced and exciting.
ReplyDelete- It is important to conserve our environment to preserve it for our future generations so that they too may enjoy the marine life that we see today.
I enjoyed every part of it, even though i particularly loves the part where i saw my first ever sea creature underwater, and got really excited and screamed out of the snorkel. Others probably thought i was crazy, but i nearly touched it, and that was really cool for me as i have never been so close to the marine creatures.
ReplyDeleteIf we don't, the wildlife , the beautiful everything will be gone.That would be a total disaster as future generations would not be able to enjoy the beauty of it, as it is worth to see close up, no matter the price. As we move around at our own accord, it makes the experience much more special, just like a adventure.
1. I enjoyed the snorkeling part as it was my first time and I enjoyed the new experience a lot, I was able to see actual fish swim underneath me, one of them bit me as well! Although it took time to get used to the snorkel, it was overall a fun and engaging experiance.
ReplyDelete2. It is important to conserve our environment as it is our home and where we live in and therefore it is our responsibility to take care of it