Monday, 4 June 2012

Day 6 Reflections



You have come to the last day of the trip....
1. How do you feel?
2. Do you think you would have climbed Mount Kinabalu at such a young age if not for this trip? Have you achieved the goal(s) you set for yourself on Day 1?3. Name one thing you have discovered about yourself/ your friend at the end of the trip 




Post your reflection as a 'comment' below. Please remember to identify yourself by signing off your name. 

27 comments:

  1. ~Looi Chi Han

    Q1•I feel very elated due to the fact that I have just accomplish a feat not everyone could. It was to climb Mount KK at such a young age.

    Q2• If not for this trip, I would definitely not able to come for this climb. However, having completed it, I am very happy as I have done my very best. As for the goals that I have set, it doesn't matter if I am able to achieve my goals as I know thaw that I have don my best which I have o say, well done. However, I will someday try to conquer Mount KK another time. One thing I discovered about my friends iss that they all have a heart that matches the size of what they have trekked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done By: Chua Tuan Jin
    Q1. I felt very happy and excited as i could climb Mount Kinabalu at such a young age.

    Q2. If not for this trip, I would have never climbed Mount Kinabalu. I have achieved one of my goals and that is to make new friends and know them better. But I did not achieved the other goal of summiting Mount Kinabalu. I have discovered that my friends will help others in need and they are also very kind and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt elated as I was able to reach the summit of mount Kinabalu with my friends at such a young age.

    I feel that if not for this trip I feel that I would not climb Mount Kinabalu at such a young age and I would not be able to enjoy all the memorable experiences I had which came along with this trip. I think that I have achieved my goal of knowing some of my friends better I discovered that many friends in my group were all encouraging and always thought of their friend apart from themselves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt sad as I was going back to Singapore (back to homework), however I was also exuberant as I was able to gain and learn so much and also to create new friendships that would last for a long time. No, I doubt so, as most schools offer overseas trips only in secondary 2 and I would not be able to climb the mountain with my family as my sisters would nopt be able to climb it. Yes, I made tons of new friends and I also gained new knowledge about Malaysia. I have discovered that as long as I keep
    on persevering onwards I will be able to accomplish anything.
    Marcus Chan S1-05

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt really sad and reluctant about going back to Singapore as all this would be left as memories and I will never be able to experience those wonderful days during the trip ever again [maybe I will but not with the same people which is extremely saddening :( ] I did not want to get back to Singapore and I want to have fun in Sabah with everyone forever, but that's not really possible (which is sad). I will definitely miss all the people and the beautiful times we had together and reminisce about the times in Sabah. However, I am glad that I made fantastic friends during the trip and that I learnt many lessons during the trip. I feel that I would never be able to climb Mount Kinabalu if not for these trips organised by the school and in the past I would never have thought that I will be able to even visit Mount Kinabalu. I feel that I have achieved half of my goal during the trip that is to make friends with the junior and be less fierce(than I was during the orientation camp) and more encouraging. I feel that I achieved the encouraging part but the less fierce part was a fail because I ended up being too lenient. I have discovered that I changed from last year in a way that I was a person without empathy last year but this year I realised that I learnt to empathise more with my peers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a mix of feelings sad and fulfilled. Sad because I want to continue to have this much fun with everyone during the extent of the whole trip. I feel fulfilled as I have drawn much leadership skills and life skills from this trip. Things like the mental strength and small things such as the importance of encouraging each other were one of my many learning points.
    Being from a family that usually goes on trips to sightsee and not to do physical activity, I will definitely not be able to capture this valuable experience. At such a young age I am thrilled to be able to conquer the mountain and proud of myself as when i mention it to my primary school friends they are envious of this opportunity. My goal set in day one was achieved, i learnt much more then i expected about myself. Going to this trip the second time i expected myself to learn less than i did the first time but it was not so. Not only did i learn great leadership skills but i learn what a valuable experience a leader can give to a junior. I hope that i can give this experience again to other people in further endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt quite sad since we had to leave such a nice place, but I will remember all the memories spent there, be it good or bad.

    I don't think that I would be able to go to Mount KK if not for this trip as my parents might think it is too dangerous.

    I am really grateful for this trip as it made me know more about my friends as well as myself. I only achieved some of my goals, such as getting to know more about my friends. This trip had indeed taught me how to be a better person, helping others in need, and also not to be so dependent on others.I realized that I was quite brave, and my friends are very caring towards each other too! I really hope I can go for this trip again next year with my juniors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~Pang Cheng Feng S101
    1) This place has left great memories I will never forget. I actually felt quite sad since we were leaving Kota Kinabalu, which I might not have another chance to come to again!
    2) I will come if I had known it was such a wonderful place! I will not hesitate coming back again next year. Although I didn't summit, I still achieved my goal, which is to try my best! It has definitely made me a better person, in terms of teamwork and leadership. I have made so many more new friends. I also realised everyone has bonded even better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chin Yong

    This has been a new experience for me as all the things that I have done on this trip were things that I have never done before and I was quite sad that we had to leave.I don't think that I would have climbed the mountain if not for this trip as I don't think my family would enjoy it.I have definitely accomplished my goals and I have realised that that all of us know each other better now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt that this was a very memorable trip as I had made many new friends with so many juniors which I might not be able to interact with if not for this trip. I felt that they were the ones that really made the trip different from last year for me. Compared to last years trip, this years one was much more fun as we were a much livelier and active group.

    I felt that I quite an encouraging leader and a friendly peer to the juniors throughout the whole trip especially during the climb at the mountain where we had to depend on each other during the trek.

    I also felt that I achieved my goal of being a leading the team to the best of my ability even though I felt that there was also a lot I could improve on. I could improve on my organisation and man-management skills and be able to make quick decisive decisions. I feel that I have a lot to learn from Matthew on this aspect as he was able to make quick decisions during the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greg Lim
    1. How do you feel?
    I felt happy yet sad as this is the last day.
    2. Do you think you would have climbed Mount Kinabalu at such a young age if not for this trip? Have you achieved the goal(s) you set for yourself on Day 1?3. Name one thing you have discovered about yourself/ your friend at the end of the trip
    No.No.They are always ready to help.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1)How do you feel?
    Well,it was hard to describe how I felt on the last day.I had mixed feelings- elated that I was going back to Singapore back to my family and sad that I had to leave such a beautiful place filled with activities that will never fail to entertain me for a stress-filled place like Singapore.All that i have done in this trip will remain as memories,but MEMORABLE memories,it will forever serve as one of my learning points on my journey in life.I would never forget the generosity of the guides when they offered me help and risking themselves.This trip made me realize how important friendship,endurance,perseverance were in life.This trip really did make me a changed person,a person who had much more mental and physical strength,a person who values friendship,a person who understood more things,a person who knew how to make the right decisions,a and a person who understood himself.

    2)Do you think you would have climbed Mount Kinabalu at such a young age if not for this trip? Have you achieved the goal(s) you set for yourself on Day 1?3. Name one thing you have discovered about yourself/ your friend at the end of the trip
    To be frank,I wouldn't be able to have climbed Mount Kinabalu if not for this trip as my family isn't the sporty type where they go hiking together and they probably wouldn't enjoy or value the experience.However,I am sure they would be able to feel how much impact it had on me when I arrive home a changed a person(but still humorous). My family would not be able to encourage me that much like my friends and this made me realize how important friendships were.I have definitely achieved my goals that I had set on the first day,except for the participation of Via Ferrata,when I realised a new learning point-it takes more courage to say no than to say yes.I have conquered all challenges that stood on my way and I am proud that I am able to do so.I have discovered(or rather, realized that I have understood myself much better-my abilities,my strengths and weaknesses,and most importantly of all,Myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Valence Leung

    1. How do you feel?
    i have mixed emotions, as i feel really disappointed that i have to leave such a pretty place, Kota Kinabalu so quickly. But as i miss my family, i am glad to be back. I do hope that the trip was longer though. I dont mind if we did it all over again, as it was all worth it. Every part will be held close to me, wherever i go.

    2. Do you think you would have climbed Mount Kinabalu at such a young age if not for this trip? Have you achieved the goal(s) you set for yourself on Day 1?
    I wouldn't have a chance to climb a mountain at such a young age if it wasn't for SST, that gave me the chance to do so. Others would probably say its too dangerous, and object. But with PacWest, and SST, everything changes. Everyone thinks its good, and will cheer me on.

    3. Name one thing you have discovered about yourself/ your friend at the end of the trip
    I have discovered that its not that good to over estimate, or under estimate myself. As long as i believe i can do it, i can. I have also learnt that i people are not what they seem to be, once we get to see what their life is, behind the scenes. I have also learnt that i should take poeple for what they are, not be prejudiced against anyone just because of what i have heard. I should go find out about them myself, and learn to see things in another perspective. Changing of perspectives can change the whole story around, and it will make me understand more. I have definitely learnt more about my weaknesses, and strengths. I will strengthen my strengths, and improve my weaknesses, and eventually, if possible, make it one of my strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dion Low

    I feel very tired but yet happy at the end of the trip as I managed to take part in all the activities. I do not think I would have climbed Mount Kota Kinabalu at such a young age if not for this trip as I did not know that there was such a mountain. I have only achieved one goal and that was to take part in all the activities. I did not managed to reach the summit as I was too tired to. I have learned that I tend to make mistakes and can persevere if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I felt a little disappointed as we were leaving.I don't think I would get to climb Mount Kinabalu at such a young age. I may not have achieved my goal but I was still proud of myself. I discovered that my friends were all very encouraging.

    Done by Ng Yu Yang

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1.I feel very reluctant to leave Kota Kinabalu as this would mean good bye for a month to our friends.But in this trip I have learnt many things just by interacting with them. I fell very fortunate to have gone for this trip.
    2. I would have never climbed Mount Kinabalu if I had not got into this school and join this group of students and teachers to Kota Kinabalu.I am very happy that i have achieved all my goals I have set on day one.I discovered that Dion is a very active person.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Odelia Goh
    1. I felt sad as I didn't really want to leave Sabah and wanted to do all the activities we did once more but I also missed my family and Singapore
    2. I don't think I would have climb Mount Kinabalu at such a young age if not for this trip :c Yep. I had achieved my goal as I did my best and had really enjoyed myself and have fun :DD I discovered Divya was afraid of heights xD

    ReplyDelete
  18. I felt slightly disappointed and sad that we had to leave. The time seemed to pass by really quickly.
    I think I would not have climbed Mount Kinabalu if not for this trip.
    I have achieved most of my goals that i had set.
    I learnt that some of my friends are very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These days have past by so fast.I might not have climbed Mt K if not for this expedition.I initially got interested in this expedition after reading a book about the youngest people climbing everest.I was so thrilled!I still remember that feeling.I learnt a lesson though I do not know how to relate it to this trip.I learn to like,just like,live life.No worries!Just let whatever come,come.Afterall,you never really know when it ends.I really cant relate this thought to the trip,but I was really struck deep by it.These past 6 days have been memorable.I have also made close bonds and learnt lessons,hard to forget. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I felt that the trip was fun and was sad the trip was over but i learnt a lot of things.If not for this trip, I would definitely not able to come for this climb. But since I completed the climb I was proud.I missed my target by 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sad because all the fun is over. :( No, i do not think so because it is very hard to plan such an expensive trip. No, I have not achieved one goal and the goal is reaching the summit. I discovered that i did not push myself hard enough into reaching my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel that the is trip is very memorable as this is the first mountain i've climbed so far. It is a excellent experience for me being able to climb and play with my friends. I have achieved my goals for reaching the summit of the mountain . I have also discovered that all my friends are all very energetic and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I felt that this trip to Mt. KK is very memorable and fun because this is the first time I ever travelled overseas with my friends and the first time I ever attempted to climb a mountain. I did not achieve my goal for this trip, which was to summit Mt. KK. Although I did not make it to the summit, I was able to understand my limits and climbing to the summit was a risk not worth taking. I have also discovered that my friends are completely different in school and at Sabah :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. I feel tired but satisfied with the trip. I may not have reached the summit of Mt K, but the experience was worth the fatigue and pain I had to go through during the climb. I would not have climbed a mountain if not for this trip and it makes me very happy to have climbed one at this age. I ha not achieved all my goals from Day 1, but I had tried my best. One thing I discovered about a friend of mine is that you should not underestimate anyone. Mental strength is important when attempting to exceed one's limits.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I felt that this trip was really a fantastic experience that many may not ever experience in their whole lifetime. This was a very special trip as all the other trips were boring stuff sitting in stuffy classrooms, while we get to climb a little mountain that resembles our problems in life. If not, I would be one of those people who will always stay in their comfort zone, not going out of this zone to explore the beauty of being able to experience freedom. But sadly, I did not summit the mountain. Even though I did not, I really tells me that progress is better than no progress, and effort spent into that progress is even more fantastic. This trip also make my friends shone, making them different from the school situation. I also realised that no matter how much you dislike someone, getting to spend with them a little time can help a lot in your friendships. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1. I felt sad, happy and very mixed up. Sad because I didnt want the expedition to end, happy cause I was finally going to meet my family and other friends and tell them about my experiance. The trip overall was an amazing and unforgettable one, one that I will never forget

    2.I did achieve all the goals I set for my self and achieved much more than that to! I realized that my limit was much more than I thought and now I know how to stretch my limit to the very end

    ReplyDelete
  27. 1. I feel sad and happy at the same time .Im sad because the expedition has ended and happy because i have achieved my goal. The trip was amazing, i really wanted to stay there longer and enjoy it with my friends.

    2.I did achieve the goals and even achieved more than that.I learned that im actually very weak and have to train more if i want to achieve more goals in the future

    ReplyDelete